Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How Fear of Getting Old Made Me a Better Person - Volume 2

I am into this worry of finding old point. You know what I imply? You got it. It\'s the Grim Reaper. Nicely let me inform you, this smoking issue I utilized to do, 2 packs a day for 35 years, is truly kicking me in the butt now.

Funny factor, when I was a kid and had a nightmare at night, I would wake up and understand it was simply a dream, a actual nightmare. Holy smoke, great golly Miss Molly, the dream I am in now is for genuine. I am really acquiring older, battling physical weaknesses, and One day I am going to die. The scary aspect is, this is not a dream. No guy. This is for actual. What's happening now is my life!

The Grim Reaper is a Jerk

You know what I definitely say to the Grim Reaper? "Go jump in the lake, you jerk and inform your mother who place you hear to )#%??," you get my drift? You can see how I get pissed off and angry when I strategy the utter futility of critical sickness. I imply the feeling is of total helplessness. You merely give into the predicament and let it happen.

I am referring to my most severe bout with colon cancer a couple years ago. I was treated with surgery, radiation and chemo. Oh yeah, all of that beneficial stuff. Guess what? The radiation and chemo sent me to the hospital for 21 days. I managed to catch pneumonia also. Yeah, they believed I was a goner. I was on the 24 hour trip of nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The docs told my son I had less then a 100% probability of coming out alive.

Mohammad Ali

The blow that practically knocked me out, hey Mohammad Ali you are nonetheless my hero, was when a doc came into my room and mentioned to me, "You\'re going to be love this for the rest of your life. This is why I would by no means do something for my parents if they got cancer. It is merely not worth."

You betcha. I wanted to kill him. Nevertheless, I could barely raise my head up off the pillow. So I simply kept on performing what I was extremely excellent at carrying out. You guessed it... heading for the "bucket."

I survived It

At any rate, praise the Lord and pass the ammunition, I did survive that trip. Very Properly, definitely. I was most pleased throughout my departing day from the hospital when the primary guy doc came up to me with his fairly nurse assistant and stated, "You're a actual challenging core man."

I guess he was referring to the fact that I took beneficial punishment, but I didn't wimp out. Actually? How could I wimp out? I am specially imply and nasty when I am down for the count and my back is against the wall. If you get my drift. Besides, I am an ex-jarine, a green imply machine.

Carotid Artery Blockage

I know sooner got out of the hospital and shook that knowledge off and my principal care doc tells me he thinks I have carotid artery blockage. Can you believe it. Speak around wanting to kill the messenger! Right after an ultra sound check, I was told that I indeed did have 90% blockage.

I bit my tongue, and kicked Mr. Concern in the butt and got myself a top notch vascular surgeon. Shortly thereafter, surgery was done. Now I am great to go in that department. Hey, do not go but. It gets greater!

Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm

Roughly Three years lapsed and then I was diagnosed with a 5.0cm abdominal aortic aneurysm. This brings me up to a couple weeks ago. I have been living with the encounter of this growing aneurysm for 5 years, which was found when they discovered my cancer.

Fortunately for me, there is a new process for carrying out this surgery. They no longer require to open up your stomach which is a 7-10 day remain in the hospital. Now, they go into a artery in your groin and up to the stomach. I was out of the hospital in Three days. I am nearly very good as new.

Here's the Melodrama

I by no means was worried around the abdominal process. My vascular surgeon is a genuine pro. The exact same doc that did my carotid. The specific fear, that was driving me nuts, concerned the outcomes of the check that confirmed my 5.0cm aneurysm. A mole or cyst was displaying up on my liver. My instant believed was, could this be a return of cancer? You hear around this factor all the time.

I had already produced up my thoughts that I would not go through radiation, surgery and chemo again. No way! Grim Reaper here I come. Appear out you sucker. Give me a carton of Lucky Strikes and a fifth of Irish Whiskey. Superior do it speedy just before I am too sick to get pleasure from it!

I was so scared, that I pretty much decided that I wouldn't even get the check to see if the liver had cancer. Anyway, I was suppose to get out of the hospital the subsequent day. The night nurse informed me that I wouldn't be consuming dinner for various hours since my main care doc ordered me to get a cat scan of my liver.

Concern of Cancer

Needless to say, my blood pressure shot through the roof. I debated around telling my principal guy physician to cease and desist with the cat scan. Cause and logic won out. I figured that if I had cancer, it would be a great thought to know, even if I meant not to performing something around it. You know, let nature take its course this time. I fought it once, but not again.

Roughly 8:30pm the attendant from radiation came up to my room to take me for my journey to Mr. Cats can. All hell was breaking loose in my room. The new night nurse was on the telephone attempting to attain my docs to get a prescription for much more blood pressure medicine. Mine was going through the sky. Having gone through the cancer routine just before, I wasn't searching forward to an additional bout.

Radiation Dolly on My Belly

Holy smoke, here I am becoming wheeled down the aisle to the radiation department. Just before I know it, I am laying flat on my belly on this patient table and this great searching nurse is running this cold small gadget about my belly.

Ten minutes latter we are carried out and I am sitting in my wheelchair waiting for the attendant to take me back upstairs to my room. I asked Ms. Fairly when will they know the "outcomes" of the check? She mentioned, " The radiologist will read it right away. He then will tell your Physician of the outcomes." Gee whiz, I believed, isn't this ever going to end?

Zip...Zip, bing and a bang, I am back in my room. My crazy head night nurse is popping down my mouth a different blood pressure pill. She stated, "Loosen up dude, the check came back negative. You\'re O.K., no cancer." I told her that I could kiss her.

End of Story

Thank you One and all for indulging me. I necessary to get this off my chest. I have been out of the hospital for a week now and I feel terrific. I have already started operating out again. Yeah, I am a freak. Six days a week...weights, run, bike and swim. I cut myself no slack.

Actually, I am convinced my vigor and recuperation energy comes from the fact that I am, believe it or not, in good form for a "man is obtaining old." Hey, you know what? We can't take any of this stuff too seriously since none of us are going to get out of this issue alive.

P.S.

I truly am not a challenging man. I believe concern of obtaining old produced me a far better individual. I adore life and individuals. I thank my Maker for letting me live and be with out discomfort. Simply this morning I was performing my swimming laps and I marveled at the joy of the swimming knowledge...how my hands and arms cut through the water and the way my physique floats and swivels through the water. Living on the Edge is a thoughts blowing encounter.

Jack Marinchek is the publisher of the website, Stand Good [http://standgreat.blogspot.com/], which functions- inspirational knowledge on life improvement.

Post Supply: http://EzineArticles.com/?professional=Jack_Marinchek
http://EzineArticles.com/?How-Concern-of-Acquiring-Old-Created-Me-a-Far better-individual---Volume-2&id=4511868

No comments:

Post a Comment